Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Sparta High School is an above average, public school located in Sparta, WI. It has 763 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Sparta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- A-36 Students
- B33 Students
- A28 Students
- B+26 Students
- B25 Students
- B21 Students
- B19 Students
- B-12 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Sparta High School
- B-Tomah High School
- Tomah Area School District, WI
- 58 reviews
- BMelrose-Mindoro High School
- Melrose-Mindoro School District, WI
- 52 reviews
- B+West Salem High School
- West Salem School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- BCashton Middle/High School
- Cashton School District, WI
- 31 reviews
Sparta High School Reviews
The school has pretty average athetic programs. The wrestling program is the most prized in the school, but also the football programs has also picked up momentum. As far as academics, the variety of class availble is reasonable. There is a lot of opportunities for shop classes and in the last few years they have paired with local Tech college to provide a CNC machining program and a welding program. Recently before I graduated, the school started doing more of a hold your hand additude rather than challenging students and preparing them for college. This is okay-ish in my eyes because a large portion of the students go into trades and stay local. It is a safe school with good safety and trustable faculty. Overall the school is mediocre, but is slowly improving.
Our school provides an abundance of classes that allow college level advancement, AP courses, and online opportunities. We are a rural community, so the school body is very supportive when we're experiencing celebratory causes, like last year when the football team made it to the final four in playoffs for the very first time, or even when we're working hard to aid our faculty or peers. We have a lot of spunk among the diverse people groups in the high school. Whether a hick, jock, nerd, or gamer our school flits the lines of cliques and rages during homecoming season. Moreover, our principal is so passionate that he dances at assemblies, walks the halls spouting positivity and encouragement, and tutors students in math. Our school body and district is so beautiful and supportive. I love my school because our faculty works hard to promote inclusion and respect. We prioritize the Spartan Way which teaches us to be respectful, responsible, safe, and to give our best effort.
Sparta High school offers a variety of courses with well educated and inclusive teachers. Overall, my experience helped me grow as a student and as an individual.