Sparta High School
- SPARTA, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Sparta High School is a public school located in SPARTA, IL. It has 333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Sparta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C41 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade A+19 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade A+11 Students
- grade B10 Students
View Homes Near Sparta High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Talent show and homecoming week!38%
- Basketball tournament15%
- Holiday activities15%
- Homecoming activites15%
- Dress up Weeks!8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,751 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Sparta High School
- grade C+Chester High School
- Chester Community Unit School District No. 139, IL
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade CCoulterville High School
- Coulterville Unified School District No. 1, IL
- Rating 3.1 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade C+Red Bud High School
- Red Bud Community Unit School District No. 132, IL
- Rating 2.89 out of 5 65 reviews
- grade C+Trico Senior High School
- Trico Community Unit School District No. 176, IL
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 9 reviews
Sparta High School Reviews
Rating 3.16 out of 5 64 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers could be better. Several of the students would be rude to each other and to the teachers and nothing would ever happen. There are not many class options outside of regular options. If students were punished it would never affect anything and things would just continue as before. For the most part, everyone is friendly some of the teachers I would not consider being professional.
Sparta High School is a good school to attend when living in a small town. It is very diverse and the teachers and students are kind and accepting. The only downside is the lack of COVID-19 regulations as of now. It feels like the school district as a whole cares more about the students grades than the safety and well being of those attending. The individuals are amazing. however.
I would like to see some of the teachers be a little bit more respectful to students and students more respectful to teachers.