Sparta High School is a public school located in Sparta, IL. It has 360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Sparta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- B18 Students
- B16 Students
- B+12 Students
- A+12 Students
- C+11 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sparta High School
- B-Chester High School
- Chester Community Unit School District No. 139, IL
- 19 reviews
- CCoulterville High School
- Coulterville Unified School District No. 1, IL
- 8 reviews
- C+Red Bud High School
- Red Bud Community Unit School District No. 132, IL
- 63 reviews
- B-Trico Senior High School
- Trico Community Unit School District No. 176, IL
- 5 reviews
Sparta High School Reviews
Due to the fact that Sparta is a small community, students are able to easily make friends and connect with people. If students ever have a problem, there is a good guidance counselor to talk to, as well as many teachers. Students are encouraged to reach their full potential. I do wish that Sparta offered more AP and honors classes, though.
Often times, I felt myself not being challenged or when a challenge occurred my teachers were less than helpful. Teachers often acted like students and spoke openly about other students grades and behavior. Some teachers graded the typical good students harder than the average or less than students. There were still some good things about this school like the school spirit (only present if the team was winning) and the activities offered.
I liked the clubs and assemblies, but I’d like to see more school spirit, less drama and fights, and a more accurate class rank scale.