Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sparta High School is a public school located in Sparta, IL. It has 337 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Sparta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+36 Students
- B-24 Students
- B22 Students
- B15 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+11 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+9 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sparta High School
- C+Chester High School
- Chester Community Unit School District No. 139, IL
- 21 reviews
- CCoulterville High School
- Coulterville Unified School District No. 1, IL
- 10 reviews
- BRed Bud High School
- Red Bud Community Unit School District No. 132, IL
- 65 reviews
- C+Trico Senior High School
- Trico Community Unit School District No. 176, IL
- 7 reviews
Sparta High School Reviews
The teachers could be better. Several of the students would be rude to each other and to the teachers and nothing would ever happen. There are not many class options outside of regular options. If students were punished it would never affect anything and things would just continue as before. For the most part, everyone is friendly some of the teachers I would not consider being professional.
Due to the fact that Sparta is a small community, students are able to easily make friends and connect with people. If students ever have a problem, there is a good guidance counselor to talk to, as well as many teachers. Students are encouraged to reach their full potential. I do wish that Sparta offered more AP and honors classes, though.
I wish the school had more money so we could do cool things, get more field trips. Last year the school used most of the money on guest speakers.