Sparkman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Harvest, AL. It has 1,777 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Sparkman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A570 Students
- A-522 Students
- A476 Students
- A-474 Students
- B376 Students
- B298 Students
- B-249 Students
- A-181 Students
- B179 Students
- A+173 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.58 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.58 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 137 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Sparkman High School Reviews
Sparkman has recently received a new football stadium with a turf track and will receive an auditorium! I love how Sparkman is renovating their facilities (realizing that they will eventually decay). The teachers, for the most part, are friendly and/or professional. The student body is nothing like in the movies(with the fights and bullies) as most people just ignore each other or get along. The arts programs are fantastic. Some rules are pointless though. 4/5 easily
Sparkman High School fosters an environment where dedicated educators, in partnership with parents and the community, work to support and challenge all students to become their best. Sparkman High School has a strong record of success and is, widely, recognized for preparing young men and women well for the challenges they face following graduation. The richness of our curriculum, the preparation of our faculty, and the above-average standardized test scores of our students are evidence of our distinction as one of the finest high schools in Alabama. With active parent involvement, strong community connections, and the support of our superintendent, Sparkman High School serves as a model for public education. The energy and enthusiasm of our teachers and students are impressive and we are proud of our accomplishments both, individually, and as a school. It is a privilege and honor to attend Sparkman High School! GO SENATORS!
Sparkman Highschool is a fantastic school when it comes to college prepardness. The extra curriculars are spectaular, specifically Medical Academy and the Photography program, both of which I have participated in. They bother offer amazing oppurtunities to their students that set them far above where others would be if they were interested in either of those specific fields. And not only that but I have heard amazing feedback about the band program and plenty of the sports. The only area where I could see improvement being needed would be in some of the core courses, math for example has been a let down for me for 2 of the 3 years I've been there. But nevertheless, I've been able to succeed and learn in all of the subjects I've been in.