Sparkman High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A293 Students
- A211 Students
- A200 Students
- B+156 Students
- B+141 Students
- A+112 Students
- B101 Students
- C+100 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
Sparkman High School Reviews
Review Sparkman High School
As an involved student in Sparkman High School, I can confidently state how much of an impact it has had on my life. I have had the privilege of attending Girls' State, being the Student Government Association Vice President, and being an Editor-in-chief of the yearbook. Through all of these experiences, I have learned how to lead hundreds of students. I have been able to help change Sparkman, and be changed by it as well. I would like to see more technology be present. As an older school, Sparkman doesn't have the newest technology. If new technology were present throughout the school, more students will be engaged in school; thus providing more opportunities for students to thrive. Overall, Sparkman High School has been a place for me to thrive along with thousands of others.
To give my review a little context before I talk about Sparkman, I transitioned from a private school I had went to for 5 years and back into the public school system just before the beginning of my 8th grade year. I attended Sparkman Middle School my 8th grade year, and subsequently Sparkman 9th Grade School and Sparkman High School. I can't speak as a person who's been in the public school system my entire life, but I can say that my experience has been great. I've met so many different types of people from various backgrounds that I know I wouldn't have met at my old private school. I've gained so many opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten elsewhere, and I've also gotten a chance to be taught by some really great teachers who truly care about my learning experience and making sure that I'm given all the materials I need to succeed. It's just a great school overall in my opinion.
Two things I've found in education that make a difference in what is retained and what is enjoyed are these: interest in the subject matter, and slightly less important, natural skills in working with the material. At Sparkman High School, I took plenty of classes that were not designed to be fun or interesting, according to curriculum; just run of the mill courses I had to take to graduate, but my teachers made these classes some of the best learning experiences I might ever have. By being knowledgeable and passionate about the material at hand, using varying mediums for expressing concepts, by taking a genuine interest in the students themselves, and by creating a lively environment in what could easily be drab education, these teachers completely turned things around for me and my classmates. They are a crowd who goes far beyond what their job entails, and my classmates and I have benefited immensely by their selfless dedication and astounding ability to provide high quality education on a low dollar budget.