Spalding High School is an above average, public school located in Griffin, GA. It has 1,324 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Spalding High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+197 Students
- B137 Students
- B+134 Students
- C96 Students
- B96 Students
- C+87 Students
- B-86 Students
- B74 Students
- B+67 Students
- C56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Spalding High School Reviews
At Spalding High School, I am currently enjoying my time here, but there are a few things I would like to see change. For one, there is not enough school spirit. I love being involved with my class and other people. High School should be a place where you can not only learn, but make long lasting memories. Lastly, I wish teachers would build relationships with their students (on a professional level of course). I feel like teachers should actually know their students. I only want to see my high school change for the better.
Good school with lots of available AP classes, and differing dual enroll options. Caters very well to gifted and remedial students, but tends to fall flat for regular classes. New added curriculum for the county falls flat on student based learning and teacher individuality, and as a result AP classes and dual enrollment have increased. Offers a variety of sports and clubs, although the schools athletic awards tend to fall flat.
As a student, I have enjoyed my time at Spalding High. The environment is great, and teachers and admins are very helpful. The student body for each class is great, but the younger classes (freshman and sophomores) ruin some of the atmosphere for the upperclassmen.