Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Spain Park High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 1,597 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Spain Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A333 Students
- grade A306 Students
- grade A minus299 Students
- grade A minus112 Students
- grade B107 Students
- grade B99 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade A minus74 Students
- grade B minus69 Students
- grade B+68 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 134 responses
- Pep rallies21%
- Homecoming week19%
- Football games11%
- Senior skip day8%
- Sphs jags let's go jags yeah? yeah! YEAH!!7%
- All Spain Park athletic events are great6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,873 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 55 responses
Schools like Spain Park High School
- grade A+Hoover High School
- Hoover City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 466 reviews
- grade A+Homewood High School
- Homewood City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.2 out of 5 246 reviews
- grade AOak Mt. High School
- Shelby County Schools, AL
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 284 reviews
- grade A+Vestavia Hills High School
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 256 reviews
Spain Park High School Reviews
Rating 4.13 out of 5 252 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Spain Park Highschool provides a distinct, privileged atmosphere that prepares students for college and adulthood. It's a space where technology is taken very seriously so that students can thrive in their academics. The school also has a really good arts program that includes dance, theater, music, and much more! Throughout these past few years, I've really cherished my experiences at this school, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
During my experience going through the years at Spain Park, I have realized come to the conclusion that the Hoover City Schools District as a whole could immensely improve how they handle discrimination in their schools. Spain Park excels in their academics and sports, but lacks the appropriate course of action to ensure a safe space for diversity in the student body. In the four years I attended Spain Park there were many racist “scandals” that occurred and there were very few times where appropriate consequences were set in place. There will always be hateful people in the world but nobody should feel unsafe going to school and unfortunately that’s the case for many students of color at Spain Park.
Great facilities and academics. The teachers and administration really work hard and do a good job. The students are pretty supportive of each other but looking forward to a non- Covid non- online learning experience I'm sure!