Spain Park High School is a top rated, public school located in Hoover, AL. It has 1,639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Spain Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A252 Students
- A218 Students
- A-214 Students
- B87 Students
- A-82 Students
- A+73 Students
- B72 Students
- B50 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 125 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Spain Park High School Reviews
I had some amazing experiences and some terrible ones. Some teachers were actually life changing for me. From allowing me to eat lunch in their classrooms to talk about problems I was going through to actually teaching me REAL information -no busy work. However, there were many times that I felt completely let down by this school. The administration worries more about their image than the wellbeing of their students. They also are selective with who and how they discipline. Star athletes? No problems given. Kids that are “different”? You're going to have issues. I wish I could say that personal information is held private here, but that is not the case. Teachers that participate in the school drama will know everything about you in a heartbeat, which can hinder your education. And while you can find amazing friends here, it is not my first choice in schools. The administration needs to look deeply into who they hire and need to reevaluate their priorities running this school.
This school is considered very academic in the state of Alabama, and I observe that every day. Still, the students never really go to out of state colleges, and everyone seems to be following the same life pattern. The administration is also slightly disorganized, with emails and letters sporadically coming in at random times and having multiple parent nights. It would be better if information was better relayed (instead of word of mouth, have an information section on the website; send necessary information all at once instead of little tidbits; make all information clear and concise, etc.) and accessible.
I had a very positive 4 years at Spain Park High Schoolers. All of my teachers have been well qualified in their respective subjects. My teachers have been always willing to help and eager to help me succeed. In my experience, academics are challenging, but not overwhelming. There have been no dangerous incidents in my 4 years here. The facilities are of good quality and are well maintained by the janitorial staff. The school-provided lunches are not spectacular in quality or nutrition but you can always bring a lunch.