Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Spackenkill High School is a highly rated, public school located in Poughkeepsie, NY. It has 475 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Spackenkill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- A-53 Students
- C-52 Students
- A+43 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-36 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Spackenkill High School
- ACornwall Central High School
- Cornwall Central School District, NY
- 274 reviews
- ANew Paltz Senior High School
- New Paltz Central School District, NY
- 124 reviews
- AArlington High School
- Arlington Central School District, NY
- 615 reviews
- AHaldane High School
- Haldane Central School District, NY
- 52 reviews
Spackenkill High School Reviews
A smaller school with a student body under 500, it's very heavily focused on academic courses. The rooms seemed well funded -- the science, computer & engineering labs full of equipment along with the art room(s) -- and the class sizes plus extracurricular activities enable students to get the attention they need as opposed to what some of the more unfortunate larger schools' students may fall victim to. They perform well against other schools in academic competitions like the Science Olympiad (offered in New York State).
Spackenkill High School was an amazing school and I am very proud to have graduated from there. The teachers are very invested in your success along with most of the other staff, especially the principle and guidance counselors. If you apply yourself, you will have a great academic high school experience and an education that will over prepare you for college. On the social side, Spackenkill's community seems friendly, but be aware of its relatively small size that might lead to everyone knowing everything about you. I had a fun and eventful time at Spackenkill and even though it was just high school, there is a small space for it in my heart.
Spackenkill is a very small school. Because of this, there’s a lot of one on one time with teachers and staff. The teachers truly want to see you succeed and will do anything to help you. Also Spackenkill is big on school spirit and the athletic program is excellent. Spackenkill really helps prepare for college as well. There’s a SAT class that helps you prepare for it. Unlike other schools, this class is completely free and helps a lot for you to succeed. There’s also a club for everyone. From theater to art to sports etc, there’s something for everyone. Spack is also a very safe school. There is always a cop around which they are very nice and the security is very good. Spackenkill changed my life and it has certainly prepared me for college and beyond.