Southwick Regional School is a public school located in Southwick, MA. It has 735 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
93 Feeding Hills Rd
Southwick, MA 01077
Southwick Regional School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A100 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+38 Students
- B33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B28 Students
- A+25 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Southwick Regional School
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 69 reviews
- A-East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
- BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- 95 reviews
- B+East Granby High School
- East Granby School District, CT
- 92 reviews
Southwick Regional School Reviews
I had a great time being a part of the clubs while here, but some of the teachers and administration weren't so great. Everything always seemed so disorganized here. The administration was more worried about girls violating dress code than more important things like walk-outs and some harsh events that took place. They attempted to shield us from anything controversial, which is wrong.
I had a pretty good experience at Southwick High. Being a small high school, you knew everyone and everyone was pretty close. Sporting events and pep rallies were fun because everyone came together to have a good time. However, there weren't a lot of choices for classes and even the advanced classes weren't very challenging. They do not prepare you for college and the amount of work you should expect there. In addition, there could be more resources put into the athletic department. Overall, the school offers a could community feel, but could use some more resources in the academic and athletic departments.
I think that this school overall gave me a good high school experience. There were problems, like there are at any school, but the community is good, and that is always important. The academics need to evolve, and some people are resistant to this fact, so things like teachers and grading can sometimes be outdated and frustrating, but there are a few gems.