Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Southwick Regional School is a public school located in Southwick, MA. It has 712 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Southwick Regional School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A126 Students
- C+78 Students
- A+58 Students
- B45 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-41 Students
- B37 Students
- A+35 Students
- A35 Students
- A-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Southwick Regional School
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 75 reviews
- B+East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- 124 reviews
- BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- 109 reviews
- A-East Granby High School
- East Granby School District, CT
- 97 reviews
Southwick Regional School Reviews
Great school overall! Very nice facilities, new technology. Administration is very thoughtful and cares on a personal level. Many hard classes available to those that look for them, and most students score well on Advanced Placement Tests and high SAT scores.
Southwick Schools are alright. The teachers are a hit or a miss, and the school lunch is terrible. Homework can be overwhelming and the school dress code is still held up by sexist rules. Bullying is still very prominent, and the school uses mostly fear to control students. They do have a good athletic program and a wide range of class options. A laptop is always available to use at home also. It is a nice school that always is tidy and clean. The janitors are always very helpful and kind. It also takes quite a bit of time to get out of the school at the end of the day because of a huge traffic buildup.
The school is modern, well equipped and has a wide availability of classes. Southwick has an online learning component and is well organized. There are many extra curricular activities to take part in. The school dress code could be improved - it feels the emphasis is put on what females are wearing instead of what other students are DOING/SAYING that make us have a dress code in the first place.