Southwestern Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Jamestown, NY. It has 418 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Southwestern Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-34 Students
- A27 Students
- B24 Students
- B18 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+11 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Southwestern Senior High School
- BMaple Grove Junior/Senior High School
- Bemus Point Central School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- B-Sherman High School
- Sherman Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Falconer Middle/High School
- Falconer Central School District, NY
- 21 reviews
- C+Frewsburg Junior/Senior High School
- Frewsburg Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
Southwestern Senior High School Reviews
As a former graduate of Southwestern I look back and am thankful for the education I received from here. The teachers are dedicated and take the extra mile to help their students academically. The school was safe and well maintained. Now they have started beautiful renovations to the gym, fitness room, auditorium, & much more. In my experience there wasn’t a large graduating class, and I felt very close with my fellow classmates. The community is strong in the area, and give a lot of support to the school. One thing I’d like to see some more of is clubs/after school activities. I think there was also a lack of culture awareness when I was attending. This was 5 + years ago so I do not know if things have changed in that area. Overall SW is an amazing school in an amazing district. Lakewood are of New York was a beautiful, and safe place to grow up in.
I love Southwestern Central School. They have Excellent academic standards. It is a small community, and students and parents get very involved. Everyone knows each other and supports each other. Friday night football games are fun, and the Pep band is fantastic!
So many different types, there's something for everyone! Every activity is very prosperous and many have won national, county, or state awards. There are many students who put forth much effort to break new records. The whole school, including staff rallies behind students when it comes to competitive events.