Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Kismet, KS. It has 336 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-16 Students
- B15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A8 Students
- B8 Students
- B+7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I absolutely loved the staff! Our teachers were very involved in our lives and continue to stay involved as we move into college. They have prepared us well and hope to see us do well. They could change the points that they are focusing on to more important things and also deal with the teachers that are causing problems instead of just ignoring the situation overall, but overall an amazing school I’m glad to have attended it.
I personally loved all of my teachers and everything my high school had to offer. I really enjoyed getting a jump start into college since I was able to take a couple of college classes in high school. It really helped me out a lot in the long run. I am a hispanic female and it felt great seeing all of the diversity that we had. I was very involved with my school seeing as I was in various clubs and sports. It was a little hard to manage everything, but the adults in charge of that were very understanding and helped in any way possible.
I love how the teachers at Southwestern Heights interact with all the students and take the time to get to know you. I also enjoy that the teachers make time to teach you something. Also if you’re behind on something everyone takes it nicely and helps you catch up and understand the problem. I enjoy that I know everyone in the school and there is no tension between anyone here. This school is a good school and I highly recommend everyone to go there.