Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School
- KISMET, KS
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in KISMET, KS. It has 344 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus33 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade A18 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B minus14 Students
- grade A9 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade B minus7 Students
View Homes Near Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Chocoholics day22%
- Pep Rallys22%
- Spirit Week22%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,460 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Southwestern Heights Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 27 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I absolutely loved the staff! Our teachers were very involved in our lives and continue to stay involved as we move into college. They have prepared us well and hope to see us do well. They could change the points that they are focusing on to more important things and also deal with the teachers that are causing problems instead of just ignoring the situation overall, but overall an amazing school I’m glad to have attended it.
The school is overall very nice. The staff really makes you feel at home. If you ever need help with classes or things in your personal life, southwestern heights makes sure you get all the help you need. Something I would like to see changed is getting to use your phones during the school day. Also, I would like there to be more college classes available to students and/or AP classes.
I personally loved all of my teachers and everything my high school had to offer. I really enjoyed getting a jump start into college since I was able to take a couple of college classes in high school. It really helped me out a lot in the long run. I am a hispanic female and it felt great seeing all of the diversity that we had. I was very involved with my school seeing as I was in various clubs and sports. It was a little hard to manage everything, but the adults in charge of that were very understanding and helped in any way possible.