Southwestern Classical Academy is a public, magnet school located in Flint, MI. It has 929 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Southwestern Classical Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A166 Students
- B-159 Students
- A+134 Students
- B131 Students
- C128 Students
- B-115 Students
- B103 Students
- B99 Students
- B+98 Students
- B+97 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Southwestern Classical Academy
- C-Hamady Community High School
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- 106 reviews
- C-Bendle High School
- Bendle Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
- BLake Fenton High School
- Lake Fenton Community Schools, MI
- 75 reviews
- B+Davison High School
- Davison Community Schools, MI
- 215 reviews
Southwestern Classical Academy Reviews
Southwestern is an IB school where we learn how to be balanced students. Along with being balanced, we are knowledgeable, reflective, communicators, risk-takers, and inquiring. The diploma program at Southwestern prepares us for college by giving us college material work. These classes are optional and you can take full DP or just one. If you are not able to manage, then you can drop the class, but you should still try to do your best. These classes will also help your g.p.a. out and colleges will notice if you are succeeding in higher level classes along with other activities outside of school!
Offers many programs and opportunities for students to grow in their diversity and other cultures. The school prepares students for, not only college level courses, but for life's challenges and paths!
One of the most intriguing thing about southwestern classical academy was my peers they were awesome! They made studying fun, we all helped each other along the way throughout the years to perform to the best of our capabilities.