Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Southport High School is an above average, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 2,261 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Southport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A482 Students
- B450 Students
- B380 Students
- A+295 Students
- C+254 Students
- A-250 Students
- B175 Students
- B-151 Students
- C+138 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Southport High School
- B+Perry Meridian High School
- Metropolitan School District of Perry Township, IN
- 395 reviews
- B+Lawrence North High School
- Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township, IN
- 595 reviews
- B+Pike High School
- Metropolitan School District of Pike Township, IN
- 922 reviews
- BBen Davis High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township, IN
- 582 reviews
Southport High School Reviews
My personal experience at Southport High School was great! A lot of the students that attend are fairly welcoming and helpful to others. Not only that but most of the teachers who work here are extremely nice and very patient with their students. My school is considered one of the "melting pot" schools in the Indianapolis area because of our vast population of students that consists of races anywhere from white to Burmese, even to our new students that have just came in from Africa. Southport has been able to look at students differences, appreciate them, and work towards giving my peers and I all the learning that we need to be prepared for the world outside of these walls.
Great and supportive staff! They love what they do and the teachers are truly involved in their career. Student and teacher relationships are very positive and always flourishing. Student interaction with the community is amazing and the student life is as well. Students love supporting teams and clubs, and are always doing community service to help out.
I really enjoyed all of my class options and how we were able to interact with the other classes in the school. The idea of having a "freshman academy" where the freshman are not in the same classes as the other years is awful to me. Due to being able to interact so often with people older than me, all of my friends ended up being at least a grade above me. Southport gave me the chance to work hard and even graduate a year early! The only thing I would like to improve is the school parking lot traffic.