Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Southmoreland Senior High School is a public school located in Alverton, PA. It has 538 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Southmoreland Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+64 Students
- A60 Students
- B-56 Students
- C55 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-40 Students
- B37 Students
- B-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responses
- Football games21%
- Hoop-It-Up and Bump-It-Up21%
- Basketball games17%
- Track and field10%
- Marching Band Competitions9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Southmoreland Senior High School
- C+Charleroi Area High School
- Charleroi School District, PA
- 96 reviews
- BElizabeth Forward Senior High School
- Elizabeth Forward School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- BMount Pleasant Area High School
- Mount Pleasant Area School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- B-Yough Senior High School
- Yough School District, PA
- 110 reviews
Southmoreland Senior High School Reviews
I've had an overall excellent and fulfilling education experience at Southmoreland Senior High School. Southmoreland School District is filled with tremendous teachers who work hard to be the best educators for their students. The teachers are kind, compassionate, and supportive of everyone who walks into their classroom. Southmoreland has rigorous yet rewarding educational standards to fully prepare students for further education after high school. The school district is a wonderful and welcoming environment for everyone.
I have always been grateful to attend my high school for all of my high school career! I have always had helpful teachers and have made many amazing friends, along with endless great experiences. My school district may be small, but the people in it are overall amazing.
Southmoreland High School has a dedicated and caring staff. The administration is flexible and understanding. Individual teachers view students as people and work outside of the classroom to help students better themselves through volunteer opportunities and enrichment opportunities. Many of the teachers go above and beyond to help students apply for college, earn scholarships, and have opportunities students from this poor district would not have otherwise. Additionally, the students' mental health is taken care of, though more by the individual teachers than the guidance/counseling department. The arts, though underfunded, flourish, specifically the musical departments. Participation in the NMSI program is a phenomenal opportunity and allows students to earn money for qualifying scores on AP tests. The building itself is well cared for and clean.