Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Southland Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Adams, MN. It has 132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Southland Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-18 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
- B16 Students
- A+12 Students
- A10 Students
- B-10 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+7 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Southland Senior High School
- C+Grand Meadow Senior High School
- Grand Meadow Public School District, MN
- 11 reviews
- CRiceville High School
- Riceville Community School District, IA
- 3 reviews
- CLyle Secondary School
- Lyle Public School District, MN
- 3 reviews
- BSt. Ansgar High School
- St. Ansgar Community School District, IA
- 51 reviews
Southland Senior High School Reviews
Southland Senior High School is a small school that provides big opportunities for its students. The devoted teachers and faculty work hard to help their students set goals and achieve them. Throughout my high school career, I have had the privilege to attend Southland. Everyone is encouraging and supportive of each other. I have made many friends here and I could not imagine going to any other school. There are many education options for students to choose from if they do not prefer the live classroom. Juniors and seniors are able to participate in PSEO college classes at Riverland Community College to get a start on achieving college level credits, while younger students can get personally tutored by fellow classmates. There are a also variety of extra curricular activities to choose from at Southland. Students are able to express themselves through these activities whether if it's sports or the arts. Southland Senior High School is a great place to learn and achieve goals.
Small town, limited courses and sports. Decent community for a smaller town. No swimming, soccer or lacrosse, but they have football, wrestling and shares track with neighboring cities.
I transferred to Southland my sophomore year, about two months into the school season. The students and staff throughout the school were more than welcoming to me when I arrived. During my high school career at Southland I gained many friends of all different ages, as well as excelling in my education. As I come to the end of my senior year I realize that this school has helped shaped me into who I am, and who I will be in society. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything because I have never been to a school with a more friendly environment and open mindedness of everyone. The memories that I have gained from high school isn't just that I went everyday doing what I had to, but that I actually wanted to be there.