Southern Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Manahawkin, NJ. It has 1,941 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Southern Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B231 Students
- A164 Students
- C+156 Students
- B149 Students
- A-116 Students
- B109 Students
- B86 Students
- A78 Students
- A+75 Students
- B-70 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Southern Regional High School
- BPinelands Regional High School
- Pinelands Regional School District, NJ
- 130 reviews
- BToms River High School South
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 240 reviews
- B-Central Regional High School
- Central Regional School District, NJ
- 188 reviews
- B-Barnegat High School
- Barnegat Township School District, NJ
- 159 reviews
Southern Regional High School Reviews
My experience with Southern Regional High School has been the best ! The teachers are always there to help those in need and the faculty is great and very helpful. They have excellent academics,clubs, and take great care in the safety of the students. The administration is so friendly and helpful. Southern Regional High School is such a great school and has taught me so much. My overall experience with Southern Regional is excellent!
The staff at Southern are very caring and will go at lengths to make sure their students understand the concepts being learned in class. Not only does Southern have an amazing academic program including many AP classes, but also has an extensive extracurricular activities. Some of their sports include golf, bowling that many schools don’t have and I had the privilege to play golf under an amazing coach that taught me a lot. They also lean towards student leadership and allow students run many clubs under teacher supervision. I was able to join a part of Key Club, Interact, Student Council, Ski and Snowboarding and many more. Overall Southern is an excellent school to go to.
With an amazing and healthy environment for learning and growing your education, Southern Regional High School offers students with endless learning opportunities through academics and activities in and outside the school! With teachers readily available and highly educated to teach you with the best of their abilities, you will leave college ready and feel confident about the past four years of attending the school. I highly recommend Southern Regional and highly commend everyone that takes part in its ability to strive and thrive as a high school!