Southern Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in MANAHAWKIN, NJ. It has 1,933 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Southern Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+182 Students
- A135 Students
- C+126 Students
- B+118 Students
- B+89 Students
- A88 Students
- B+62 Students
- A+56 Students
- A56 Students
- B55 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Southern Regional High School
- B-Pinelands Regional High School
- Pinelands Regional School District, NJ
- 127 reviews
- B+Toms River High School South
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 219 reviews
- BCentral Regional High School
- Central Regional School District, NJ
- 180 reviews
- B-Barnegat High School
- Barnegat Township School District, NJ
- 152 reviews
Southern Regional High School Reviews
With an amazing and healthy environment for learning and growing your education, Southern Regional High School offers students with endless learning opportunities through academics and activities in and outside the school! With teachers readily available and highly educated to teach you with the best of their abilities, you will leave college ready and feel confident about the past four years of attending the school. I highly recommend Southern Regional and highly commend everyone that takes part in its ability to strive and thrive as a high school!
Southern Regional is an amazing school that I am very fortunate to be attending. The academics are superb and we are learning at a very high level. I'm grateful for the opportunities they have given me and the friends I have made. However, I am a part of the theatre company which I love and adore. They have helped me grow as a person and a performer, but I wish we received more acknowledgement from those who are at a higher level at our school. For example, our musicals are rarely NOT sold out, however, we are still a school that is tied to theatre censorship. Theatre is a form of expression and some of the most difficult pieces to perform are most definitely the ones rated higher than G. We should be challenged with theatre that is more difficult and I feel we should receive more credit than we do. My school is very focused on sports, although, certain sports that are viewed on a high pedestal do not win as often as they should considering the love and honor they are given.
Southern Regional is by far the best high school in Ocean County. Southern has excellent academics, with teachers and staff who try their best to help you succeed. The school has a top athletic program that rivals top programs in New Jersey. And not to mention the safety of this school. Southern has multiple security officers on at all times and a Full-Time Stafford Township officer employed as well.