Southern Lehigh Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Center Valley, PA. It has 1,074 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Southern Lehigh Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+164 Students
- A144 Students
- A136 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-67 Students
- A+62 Students
- B62 Students
- A48 Students
- B47 Students
- A-43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Southern Lehigh Senior High School
- A-Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 276 reviews
- A-Quakertown Community Senior High School
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- 252 reviews
Southern Lehigh Senior High School Reviews
Most of the staff cares greatly about their jobs and want to benefit the students. However some staff and administration remain incompetent and inattentive to their responsibilities. The culture and diversity of the student population is laughable. There is an overwhelming aura of bigotry and ignorance surrounding some student populations. This however is no different from other highschools. Overall, Southern Lehigh provides a very average highschool experience.
Southern Lehigh is a great school as they help you become very prepared for college. In addition, academics are very good here as everyone in our school is academically competitive and the school offers a wide range of AP course's and opportunities to go to colleges like Lehigh University if you want to further your education. Teachers are welcoming, opening and are there for you if you need help. The Sports are highly valued here as we have many student-athletes and our facilities help take care of the sport teams and our sport teams are very competitive. Safety is Southern Lehigh's first concern as we have a school resource officer (police officer) to ensure that everyone is safe, we have administration running drills with students to maximize safety such as fire drills, etc.
Southern Lehigh has truly challenged me academically. Prior to attending Southern Lehigh, I had little experience with a lot of aspects of school, such as studying, researching, and preparing for college. This is now my third year here, and since starting here, I've grown in all kinds of ways, giving me opportunities to excel.