Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Southern Lee High School is an above average, public school located in Sanford, NC. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Southern Lee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B213 Students
- A+198 Students
- A+183 Students
- B+163 Students
- A-139 Students
- B-130 Students
- B+127 Students
- B-118 Students
- B108 Students
- B84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Southern Lee High School Reviews
My experience at High School was amazing! My academic year was cut short because of the corona-virus, didn’t get to have my senior soccer season, and no prom. With the school year being cut short many teachers are giving their all to make sure students are well fed and keeping up with the school work at home. They gave each student who did not have a computer one and they also are supplying food at each school for those who aren’t fortunate enough to have three meals a day! Yeah my senior year was ended badly, but my school and everyone that is associated with it has defiantly made this transition better!
Being a student a SLHS is a great experience! There are many things to consider when in a school atmosphere. Creating a relationship with teachers, administrators, and even bus drivers impacts the high school experience.
Southern Lee High School is unique in regards to its assortment of teachers-- especially in the English and Social Studies departments--who want to see their students succeed. I only moved to the high school two years ago, but the teachers made me feel incredibly welcome and made the transition as painless as possible. The one critique I have for Southern Lee is the lack of resources the school has to form classes and buy materials for classes. If there was more funding, then I think the school would be improved greatly. Additionally, there are issues with communication, and sometimes a complete lack of communication, between the students and faculty in the office.