Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Southern Huntingdon County High School/Middle School is a public school located in Three Springs, PA. It has 623 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Southern Huntingdon County High School/Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-37 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+26 Students
- C+19 Students
- A17 Students
- B-16 Students
- C+15 Students
- B15 Students
- C+15 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Southern Huntingdon County High School/Middle School
- CFannett-Metal Senior High School
- Fannett-Metal School District, PA
- 27 reviews
- C+Tussey Mountain High School
- Tussey Mountain School District, PA
- 45 reviews
- B-Forbes Road Junior/Senior High School
- Forbes Road School District, PA
- 18 reviews
- C+Mount Union Area Senior High School
- Mount Union Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
Southern Huntingdon County High School/Middle School Reviews
The teachers are one-on-one with their students and work to meet them on their own level. The class sizes are decent, as there will typically be no more than thirty students per class. Opportunities are vast as well. A student can be apart of as many clubs as they desire to participate in. Overall, the student population is quite small with less than 1,000 students in attendance. However, these students embrace those around them and the sense of community is overwhelming. The academics are improving as more and more college level courses are being offered, and the resources available for students are also getting better. Southern Huntingdon is not that diverse, though. The student population is predominantly Caucasian due to the ethnicity of the surrounding area.
Southern Huntingdon offers academics, sports and clubs to the students. Most teachers stay involved and do everything in their power to see the student succeed. It’s a smaller school so they have the ability to get to know each student personally and are able to form to their style of learning.
Southern is a outstanding middle/high school with excellent, caring, dedicated teachers, administrators, and staff. They provide a excellent education, and high school students can even earn college credits if they want too! I give them a 5 star plus rating!!!