Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Southern High School is a public school located in Wymore, NE. It has 167 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-44 Students
- C+30 Students
- B27 Students
- B+27 Students
- B27 Students
- B+26 Students
- C+20 Students
- B17 Students
- C+13 Students
- A12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Southern High School Reviews
High school wasn't too bad. Definitely could use some updates, especially on lunches but other than that it wasn't bad.
At times there is great school spirit. We have great coaches right now. There is some favoritism, but that happens and it is certainly not as bad as it use to be. We have a great weight room, but kids are not allowed to use it after school unless there are certain people there. There are a few teachers that like to have it for themselves, and our rude to students when they just want to be there for themselves. Our weight room is known as the "after hours hang out-club med" for a few teachers and their families.
There use to be quite a few teachers that were supportive and appeared to care about the students. At this time it's more about who you hang out with and who you are related to. It's unfortunate because it use to be a really great school. I think there are people that care, but our school board is the same way. It's all about who is a part of the click. We have a few teachers that unfortunately are getting burned out due to they are the ones that are trying to care about the kids, but others don't.