Southern High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A53 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Southern High School Reviews
Review Southern High School
The administration/principal/guidance counselors make school much more harder than it needs to be. Guidance does not help when you need them, they are rarely in the office, they dont help situations, they dont know how to explain things to you when you ask (they just answer the question with another question or ignore the entire thing) The students at the school are mostly rude and/or mean in general. The school definitely has its cliques; athletes stick together, art kids stick together, most minoritys stick together, etc.
The teachers do help if necessary. It could be improved on. The teachers could include more lessons where technology is involved, and could make the lesson more interactive.
The school administration is very positive except for a few of the administrators who are way too involved in finding reasons to get kids in trouble. The guidance counselors are very friendly and are helpful when you reach out to them. The principal follows the rules very strictly which many of the students at my school don't like, but it is important for him to do that. The attendance lady is extremely strict which can be good or bad. Overall most of administration is very friendly when approached.