Southern Columbia High School is an above average, public school located in Catawissa, PA. It has 405 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Southern Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B72 Students
- A+55 Students
- A31 Students
- B27 Students
- A20 Students
- B+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B-14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Southern Columbia High School
- B+Bloomsburg Area High School
- Bloomsburg Area School District, PA
- 99 reviews
- ACentral Columbia Senior High School
- Central Columbia School District, PA
- 136 reviews
- A-Danville Area Senior High School
- Danville Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
- CShikellamy High School
- Shikellamy School District, PA
- 155 reviews
Southern Columbia High School Reviews
I would like to have more class options and better teachers that don't just use powerpoints off of the internet. A couple of the teachers don't even teach, they just expect us to learn everything on our own.
There was a real sense of community in my high school. I was able to get to know my teachers and make a connection with the music staff. There were plenty of opportunities to get involved with groups and clubs. We also had small classes, so that helped me to succeed.
Southern Columbia is one of the best schools around. i ave friends who came from Jacksonville, Florida. Others from places near us, like Central Columbia and Lourdes. They all love Southern compared to other schools. we were just announced a blue ribbon school near Thankgiving. Southern Columbia has some of the biggest pride from their students. Specially for sports. Mainly football.