Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School is an above average, public school located in South Easton, MA. It has 1,444 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B184 Students
- C+154 Students
- A+128 Students
- B-120 Students
- A117 Students
- A+84 Students
- C+80 Students
- A+69 Students
- C+65 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responses
- Pep rallys18%
- Spirit week17%
- Powerpuff Games15%
- Dressing up on holidays10%
- Senior dressup week9%
- Spirit Week9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School
- B-Blue Hills Regional Technical School - High School
- Public School
- Canton, MA
- 103 reviews
- B-Brockton High School
- Brockton Public Schools, MA
- 735 reviews
- B-Randolph High School
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- 110 reviews
- A-Quincy High School
- Quincy Public Schools, MA
- 197 reviews
Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School Reviews
At SERSD I had a very different experience then most of my peers that chose to go to the town High School. When I chose to go to SERSD, applied and was accepted, it was because I knew it was the right fit for me. They have "Shops" for the career path you are working towards. Mine is Early Childhood Education. I was able to learn about "Teaching" as well as actually working hand on with children in my classroom. This gives a unique High School experience to see if this was something I was sure I wanted to do as a career for the rest of my life. Now if I could change anything it would be for the school to somehow get kids engaging in after school activities more. This school has so much to offer and so many different clubs to be a part. It's just too bad their isn't more interest or not promoted properly or it needs to be made easier for more kids to get involved. GO HAWKS!
I was pretty active academically and involved in dual sports. Though I was busy and engaged with a full scholastic active schedule, I was able to graduate with a 3.5 GPA; support and assistance from counselors ...and supporting staff was at times lacking. This in part is due to the large (1200) senior class enrollment! Getting lost in the shuffle and heavy demand of such a highly populated environment was at times overwhelming. However, the overall take away is SETl offers a wide variety of sports, drama classes, extra curricular activities and academic clubs to accent any portfolio!
Southeastern is overall a decent school, especially when it comes to the vocational programs offered at Southeastern. Personally, I know a handful of students in the Nurse Assistant program (which is my selected program), who were able to enter senior year with their CNA license, which was definitely helpful. Besides that, the staff and the students are overall satisfactory. The school definitely has resources that can help you in a lot of ways. I think that this school is perfect for those who want to have a decent job during/right after high school, which offers a step up from your peers. However, it does lack the average high school experience, of course. The school definitely needs work on creating better extracurriculars activities and sports. Also, it needs to work on listening more to the student body. Regardless, Southeastern is a good school, not the best, but not the worst (at least in my personal experience).