Southeastern Elementary School is a public school located in Remlap, AL. It has 757 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Southeastern Elementary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-28 Students
- B-25 Students
- A18 Students
- A-18 Students
- B15 Students
- A13 Students
- B13 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Southeastern Elementary School Reviews
Southeastern has been my home since I was 6 years old. I've watched our community grow through the years as we built onto our humble K-8 school and added on a high school. Though I believe Southeastern has great potential, and with time, will surely live up to it, I also know that there are many major flaws constantly overlooked by staff and administration. The main issue, I believe, is the significant disconnection between our administrative staff, the teaching staff, and the students. Communication is simply nonexistent. If this one problem reached a solution, I believe our school would improve significantly. My take is that there should be some sort of student government to represent what the student body wants to see in the future, as there is currently no way for us to give input or offer feedback to the shortcomings (and successes!) of our school. All we ask is for a voice, and for that voice to be heard.
My experience with Southeastern has not all been terrible, but there are a few things that I would like to improve. We are very short on classrooms, and some are in the weight room area permanently. In order to be successful, students like myself need an appropriate environment to learn in. Also, I think that we should have more options as far as our electives. If we want to take art, we are required to take it online. Online classes are structured, but art is more hands on, and we are not able to do so here. I appreciate all the teachers, and they have made me the person I am today.
I would like Southeastern to change many different things. First, I feel that they need to fix how the teachers talk to their students, because I feel that I have been bullied by teachers. My history teacher has told me before that I am one of the slower students in the class, in front of my class. I also feel that this school has not prepared me for college, because most of the teachers make us watch documentaries everyday and do not teach us.