Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Southeast Polk High School is an above average, public school located in Pleasant Hill, IA. It has 2,059 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Southeast Polk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A454 Students
- grade A393 Students
- grade B+261 Students
- grade B minus218 Students
- grade B minus154 Students
- grade A133 Students
- grade B97 Students
- grade B minus92 Students
- grade B55 Students
- grade A minus41 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responses
- School dances18%
- All state sporting events13%
- I enjoy the basketball games.13%
- Pep assemblies10%
- Band and ensemble activities7%
- Homecoming week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,922 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 51 responses
Schools like Southeast Polk High School
- grade BCarlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 92 reviews
- grade B+Urbandale High School
- Urbandale Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 191 reviews
- grade BNorth Polk High School
- North Polk Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade B minusBondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 139 reviews
Southeast Polk High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 265 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school is perfect for every kid! They offer so many options and guide students to success! For example, they offer homework help, this is a time where kids are able to stay after class and get one-on-one time with a teacher. They also offer great counseling sessions! The councilors provided to us help every student be the best that they can be. At this school, we all shine bright in our own unique ways and we are all able to express ourselves without being harshly judged.
Southeast Polk doesn't have great diversity, but we believe in the fine arts and competition. Rather you be a drama kid, band geek, math wiz, or athletic jock, almost everyone gets along, with very little bullying and fights. The best way to be involved with the rest of the student body is to attend football and basket ball games and cheer on the Rams!
Southeast Polk High school does a very good job at providing so many options for classes. They have many trade classes and host the Industrial Tech Expo every year for students to come and showcase their projects. They also provide many AP classes to allow students to get a head start on their college career's. With all these extra classes, this allows student to truly get ahead of the game in their future career's. Smaller schools don't have the broad scope of class opportunities that Southeast Polk has. The only negative about Southeast Polk is some teachers are not quite up to highest standard. Their teaching styles are not in the student's best interest nor do they help the student truly understand the material. Just a reminder, this is only some teachers, not all. There are many good teachers who are very passionate about the classes they teach, but in any place, there are bound to be a couple bad eggs. It is for that reason, I'm giving Southeast Polk 4 stars.