Southeast Polk High School is an above average, public school located in Pleasant Hill, IA. It has 2,003 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Southeast Polk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A346 Students
- A305 Students
- B+207 Students
- B-161 Students
- B-113 Students
- A96 Students
- B67 Students
- B+61 Students
- B37 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Southeast Polk High School
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 88 reviews
- B+Urbandale High School
- Urbandale Community School District, IA
- 170 reviews
- B+North Polk High School
- North Polk Community School District, IA
- 80 reviews
- BBondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- 132 reviews
Southeast Polk High School Reviews
As a student at the Southeast Polk High School, I feel like it is just like any other school there is. The academics are really good and there are many interesting classes that students can take as well as plenty of courses students can take that are college credits to get those out of the way and to take them for free. I like the involvement that that this school has in the community. Overall this is a pretty decent school to attend to, however there are a few things that I would like to see change. The first being the organization of how they handle things, for example: a more efficient emergency plan. Another thing that I would like to see change is more involvement of the music department.
Overall my experience at SEP was genuinely helpful, because they offered many opportunities for college credited classes. They have some areas where they need to improve such as favoritism, but you find that at almost every school. The teachers are super nice for the most part, and try their best to teach to their fullest ability.
SEP is really a good school. So many opportunities to make friends and to get really involved in our school. There are some cliques but most of them communicate and welcome others into their group. I am apart of the band program and what I can say is that our fine arts programs are the best!!! So if you were thinking of going to another school, dismiss that idea because you will wish that you went to Southeast Polk.