Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Southeast High School is a public school located in Ravenna, OH. It has 461 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Southeast High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- B-60 Students
- A+52 Students
- B40 Students
- A-37 Students
- B37 Students
- B28 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-20 Students
- C+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Southeast High School
- C+Newton Falls High School
- Newton Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- C+Field High School
- Field Local School District, OH
- 90 reviews
- BJackson-Milton High School
- Jackson-Milton Local School District, OH
- 77 reviews
- B-Mogadore High School
- Mogadore Local School District, OH
- 49 reviews
Southeast High School Reviews
The teachers and staff are amazing. Each and every one of them is dedicated to helping you pass! Our music department is wonderful. Many students love choir and band and add the the wonderful sound we make! Our superintendent has done an amazing job communicating with us through any events that could impact us daily. All the staff has done a great job working through the COVID-19 pandemic to provide us as stable of an education as we can have right now.
The students within my school are the kindest most close-knit people you are ever going to find. Everyone is extremely caring and the teachers really care about your well-being. I do wish that our school offered more accelerated classes. Currently, there are only three AP classes and five CCP classes available. The students could use more academic competition. The kids are very smart, but in a lot of cases, too smart for the school.
I´ve attended many schools. Southeast is far from the worst. The teachers want you to succeed, but may not always have time for you. One thing I would like to see improve is college preparation. Southeast doesn´t quite prepare you for the road ahead. The school just constantly talks about our diplomas. Gives no information for the future. Counselors always get transcripts to where they need to go.