Southampton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Southampton, NY. It has 653 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Southampton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+57 Students
- A-52 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-37 Students
- C32 Students
- B31 Students
- A31 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Southampton High School
- A+Westhampton Beach Senior High School
- Westhampton Beach Union Free School District, NY
- 183 reviews
- A-East Hampton High School
- East Hampton Union Free School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- B+Pierson Middle/High School
- Sag Harbor Union Free School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- B+Riverhead Senior High School
- Riverhead Central School District, NY
- 190 reviews
Southampton High School Reviews
I would like for the students to actually care about things other than themselves. I would like faculty to treat you with the respect you give them. I would like faculty to care about student events. I would like for Spanish classes to me dedicated more towards speaking. I would like for students to show that they actually care about passing. I would like a little more leniency with lunch attendance and punishments. I would like ID cards to not be forced down peoples throats. I wish all teachers were as good as the science and math teachers from a teaching standard and personality standard.
It's okay, food is like any other school I'm assuming. It's a public school and there's tons of afterschool activities and sports are huge! I love the march madness competitions in our school as well. Teachers as a whole, are okay. Obviously, some are better than others but they're always there after school to help if needed
Southampton High School is a nice school, and the anchor of the Southampton community, which is really important. There is a group of students in each grade that works really hard, they take all the AP's and do well, and get into good colleges. The rest are relegated to mediocrity. Grades are inflated. Cheating is rampant, especially with the kids at the top. Teachers come in late to class daily and it's acceptable behavior. I'm pretty surprised at this schools high rating. Another poster talked about the whiteness of the school, this person is obviously a troll who should be ignored. This is a very diverse school, shinnecock indian, black, white, latino, everyone gets along really well.