South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School
- SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA. It has 592 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B47 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade C+33 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
- grade B+14 Students
- grade A+14 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Winter Olympics58%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,936 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School
- grade BMuncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 60 reviews
- grade B minusWarrior Run High School
- Warrior Run School District, PA
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 130 reviews
- grade B minusMilton High School
- Milton Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.29 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade B minusJersey Shore Area Senior High School
- Jersey Shore Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 169 reviews
South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 75 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There is so much I love about South. The teachers are one of a kind. The junior teachers are the best. They care about your personal growth as a student and they truly want you to learn. There is an abundance of clubs for every niche you could want like anime club, science club, fccla, fbla, kindness rocks, etc. Unfortunately, compared to other local schools, there is a clear lack of diversity when it comes to race. We don't have a track but we still have a track and field team. Our football team currently isn't the best but our school spirit is intact. They took away a lot of popular elective courses for the 2019-2020 school year. But overall, South is a great school!
I really enjoyed my time at South. I had very few problems with teachers and actually made great connections with many of them. They all were so helpful, and the hardest part about high school really was the people in my class. The school was kept up with nicely and I didn’t have much to complain about.
South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School has many academic and extra-curricular opportunities. There are many ways to get involved and a variety of classes to take. There are different resources available for post-high school paths, like career fairs, college visits, etc.