Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
South Walton High School is an above average, public school located in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. It has 859 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
South Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A163 Students
- A+136 Students
- A111 Students
- C-77 Students
- B+76 Students
- A61 Students
- B50 Students
- B+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
South Walton High School Reviews
I love South Walton High School! South Walton has been my home for the past four years and I have never felt anything but comfortable here. I have made many amazing friends as well as met many amazing teachers. South Walton creates very highly academic students with their rigorous classes and clubs. South Walton High School will always be loved in my heart!
South Walton has majorly improved it's quality of education, and it's reputation over the past few years. The principal has whipped this school into shape and it is well run. The students are under watchful eyes and there are many rules that go towards keeping each and every student safe and out of trouble. They have a no tolerance policy for bullying or anything that goes against school policies. Overall, the school is in perfect condition physically and it is in very good hands.
This school has many contributing factors that make it great. South Walton High School has great academics and administration. The college readiness outside of the classroom is very limited. The Advanced Placement classes are readily available, but to be prepared for college you need more than just textbook smarts. The clubs and activities offered all wonderful. There is a very wide range of sports for everyone. However, our sports teams aren't the best in the world. We do amazing with the teams we are given. At South Walton High School, there is a lot of parent involvement. At our sports events, you will always see parents in the crowd. Our parents help make many decisions in our school environment as well.