South Texas High School for Health Professions Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B301 Students
- A+192 Students
- B154 Students
- A+130 Students
- B+88 Students
- A-88 Students
- A83 Students
- B+74 Students
- A-72 Students
- A+53 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 112 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like South Texas High School for Health Professions
- A+The Science Academy of South Texas
- South Texas Independent School District, TX
- 263 reviews
- B+Early College High School
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 113 reviews
- B+Robert Vela High School
- Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 106 reviews
- B+Thomas Jefferson T-STEM Early College High School
- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District, TX
- 91 reviews
South Texas High School for Health Professions Reviews
Review South Texas High School for Health Professions
In my four years of attending South Texas High School for Health Professions, or for short, Med High, I have experienced tremendous advantages in my education, social skills, leadership abilities, college readiness, and determination. The teachers have many years of experience, and they strive for student achievement. Students grow in these four years with exposure to wide student diversity. Getting to know other people of different religions, races, and ethnic backgrounds builds social personality within each student. Med High also caters multiple college classes that students can take to prepare for future college life. These college classes transfer over to select colleges and universities that students wish to be accepted to. One characteristic that makes Med High stand out more than every high school in America is the Health Science education.
South Texas High School for Health Professions does an absolutely great job when it comes to academics and driving the students to "aim higher" in every aspect. They are growing and improving and offering programs focused to obtain a certificate as a senior, whether it be a Registered Dental Assistant, Certified EMT, Veterinary Assistant and much more. The only personal improvement the school can definitely attain, is to offer more activities and approach them in an equally scholastic, beneficial, and fun aspect; and involve parents more, especially when it comes to information about college.
South Texas High School for Health Professions is a challenging, medical based, magnet high-school that offers a variety of college courses and health related classes such as Pharmacology, EMT, Radiology, Forensic Sciences, Veterinary, Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy, Maternal/Newborn, etc., as well as opportunities to become certified as either Pharmacy Tech, Veterinary Tech, Dental Assistant, Nursing Assistant, EMT 1 and more! Any student attending this school will graduate far better prepared for college curriculum than regular high school students. All in all, the benefits are well worth the challenge.