South Tahoe High School is an above average, public school located in South Lake Tahoe, CA. It has 984 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
South Tahoe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-109 Students
- A83 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-71 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- B62 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
South Tahoe High School Reviews
The sports medicine program is amazing! We have vocational opportunities that most high schools do not (I.e dental, culinary, auto shop, digital media, etc). The area offers tons of recreation year round and it’s beautiful.
Overall, I received a good education from this high school. Most of the teachers were passionate in their teachings, and the facilities and resources build at this school (especially for music, theater, DMA) were absolutely amazing. The problem itself does not lie in the teachers, but actually in the students itself. Unfortunately, there's a lack of diversity and many of the students don't actually care for receiving education; that's probably said the same for many other high schools though.
When I attended 10 yrs ago most teachers were great and I learned a lot from them, but some did a poor job. I participated in the band program all 4 years which was a great experience. I played a sport for 3 yrs and the coach was knowledgeable but couldn't get the job done to create a team that could have any chance of making playoffs, but the school was still in the 4a division back then. The school was completely remodeled since I attended, so the facilities are great now compared to when I was there. The food was lacking in choices, so the locally sourced pizza was my go to choice most days.