South Tahoe High School is an above average, public school located in South Lake Tahoe, CA. It has 1,047 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
South Tahoe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-113 Students
- A82 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+76 Students
- B-73 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+69 Students
- B62 Students
- A62 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC+
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
South Tahoe High School Reviews
The sports medicine program is amazing! We have vocational opportunities that most high schools do not (I.e dental, culinary, auto shop, digital media, etc). The area offers tons of recreation year round and it’s beautiful.
My overall experience at South Tahoe High School has been great. I was involved in sports all four years, went to many school events and extracurricular activities and also took a variety of electives that will help me after high school; such as film, concepts of acting, musical theater and dance, culinary, and psychology. Not only were the electives good, but so were the teachers and staff members that I had gotten. Many of the teachers I had really strived for my achievement, which really helped in the end. Most of our buildings on campus are either new or have been updated and have security stations for our safety. Along with camera's and patrol officers on campus during all hours of school. I really feel that my school has prepared me in some ways for college, by giving me a good high school education, providing me an opportunity to try new things and meet new people, and allowing me to succeed in and outside of the classroom.
As a junior attending South Tahoe High school, I very much appreciate the time taken by some teachers to advance my education. Not just academically, but socially and spiritually as well. My favorite teachers had to be Ms. Barbara Bedwell and Mr. Clifford Smith. Both of these educators took valuable time out of their days to assist in my progression of each of their strong suits. I hope that each and every student attending this high school has the pleasure of meeting Ms. Bedwell as Mr. Smith has since retired and pursued his interest away from education.