South Summit High School is an above average, public school located in Kamas, UT. It has 452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+83 Students
- B-78 Students
- A75 Students
- B49 Students
- C+46 Students
- A+35 Students
- C+33 Students
- C+23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
South Summit High School Reviews
South Summit High School is an amazing school for only having 400 students enrolled, and having a limited budget. The teachers are amazing and with smaller class sizes it is much easier to connect with teachers and other students. I enjoy attending every day!
I love the fact that it is such a small school that you have the opportunities to participate in multiple things at a time. I have heard from many of my teachers who have attended bigger schools that it is not optional to be in all drama, tapestry/choir, band, and be on the swim team. I was involved with all of these at the same time, and I cannot imagine going through high school without participating in these extracurricular activities. I would, however, like to see some improvement with something. The class scheduling system, for example, (ten classes total: five a day and ten on Friday) makes it a little more complicated to accomplish many of the classroom tasks that need to be completed each semester. It would be nice to return to a block scheduling system where each Friday would switch off which five classes we would be attending.
I had a great experience at South Summit High School. I participated in sports, on the yearbook committe and was manager of the drill team and volleyball team. I think my high school was a great school to attended. We have a small student body so people know each other and we also have opportunities to participate in many sports and activities.