Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
South Summit High School is an above average, public school located in Kamas, UT. It has 448 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
South Summit High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+100 Students
- B-97 Students
- A89 Students
- B65 Students
- C+59 Students
- A+47 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-32 Students
- B+32 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
South Summit High School Reviews
I truly enjoyed my opportunity to attend South Summit High School. My Father attended there and I really enjoyed interacting with some of the teachers who taught him. The school is staffed by many locals who have lived in the area for most of their lives. I enjoyed being a part of that family. Another aspect of the school that I really liked were the sporting programs. I feel that sports develop many positive characteristics in young teens. This was my experience. I was able to participate in varsity basketball, but not after a working hard to earn it. I tried out for the team my freshman and sophomore year but I was cut. I was initially devastated, but these feelings turned into motivation. I worked hard over the summer and made the team Junior year. As a senior I started varsity. I attribute many of the hardworking habits I have to the culture of the school. A change I would like to see in the school is the dissolving of hostile social groups.
Honestly, I loved being in a smaller school and it was pretty fun to know pretty much everybody. However, this can be really annoying at times because then everyone knows who you are and what’s going on in your life. I wish there wasn’t as much drama between everybody. Another thing I didn’t like was how our teachers taught. Some of the teachers were great and I learned a lot, but there were many that didn’t teach that well and I struggled in their classes because of that. I also wish our teachers cared just a little bit more about us students and helped more to prepare us for tests and college. Another thing that I would like to have had was a heads up about scholarships and which ones were available at the beginning of the year so I wouldn’t have to stress at the very end of the year to try and get as many as I could while everybody else was going for the same ones.
South Summit High School is an amazing school for only having 400 students enrolled, and having a limited budget. The teachers are amazing and with smaller class sizes it is much easier to connect with teachers and other students. I enjoy attending every day!