Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
South Shelby High School is an above average, public school located in Shelbina, MO. It has 215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
South Shelby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-34 Students
- B26 Students
- B20 Students
- B+11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A8 Students
- B6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
South Shelby High School Reviews
South Shelby teachers have a very close bond with their students making it feel like a second home. You know you can always go talk to a teacher no matter who it is. In addition to the at home feel we have great math, English, and history teacher. However, are science department is lacking a little bit but that is common for rural schools.
I love that South Shelby has a great student to teacher ratio. All of the teachers, and staff care about the students that go to South Shelby, and want them to succeed in whatever they plan to do. The teachers are there for students whether its with academics, or even personal problems that a student might be struggling with at home. Everyone feels welcome.
South Shelby is unique in that everyone can find somewhere to fit in. We have so many organizations and opportunities to get involved! But what makes us truly is South Shelby's school pride. Every club gets recognized, not just the athletic ones, and our staff is so incredible with working with organizations to make sure students are staying responsible while remaining involved.