South Robeson High School is a public school located in Rowland, NC. It has 476 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+68 Students
- B+60 Students
- A+44 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-35 Students
- B34 Students
- C+34 Students
- A+32 Students
- B24 Students
- B+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
South Robeson High School Reviews
My experience has been going quite well, the only thing I would change is the food because it is very poorly. But I’ve enjoyed South Robeson these past years but some of it I regret cause I didn’t learn about online classes my 11th grade year so I wish I could’ve start in my 9th grade year cause I would’ve basically been done with everything but yeah it’s beem going pretty good .
What I liked at South Robeson was the drive for excellence. Each class had been together for many years prior to high school ,so we had unity among us to stay on track for graduation. The school's culture was majority black and secondarily Native Indian. The school structure is small, but we have a large number of athletes to give our school a good name. Prom night is always the talk of the town to see who's kid is driving what car. Although, I would add more attention to the college bound teenagers and getting a head start to college.
South Robeson High School is a small school that facilitates up to 500 students. Probably every student is very familiar with every faculty member. It does not offer any AP classes anymore, but they offer a dual enrollment program that is linked with Robeson Community College, so any student who displays good grades or ambition can gain college credits. The teachers and other faculty members are great.