South River High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A161 Students
- B+93 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-62 Students
- B+48 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+42 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
South River High School Reviews
Review South River High School
Most students at the school were involved in some sort of club, sport, or committee. Many students participated in the school sports, and most that did not came out to support the athletes. There is a wide range of clubs to participate in at the school, and everyone can find at least one they would feel right at home at. Clubs range from community service, to student government, even to video games such as Pokemon!
It's pretty awesome! The teachers all really care about their students and the faculty is always very nice. The food isn't always the best, but the lunch lines are always super long! Being there for four years in the STEM Program really helped prepare me for college.
I think SRHS is an average to good high school in Anne Arundel County. They seem too focused on steering students into AP classes and overall testing - which is never-ending in AA County. It's a big high school and the administration does a good job keeping the students in line but if your child isn't in the STEM program, or involved in sports, they seem to be left behind. Parking is an issue at the school/ there isn't enough and parent participation/involvement is below average (unless specific to sports). Some teachers are good- others are average.