South Ripley High School
- VERSAILLES, IN
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
South Ripley High School is a public school located in VERSAILLES, IN. It has 390 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
South Ripley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B70 Students
- grade A50 Students
- grade B46 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade B minus39 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade unavailable22 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B+20 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near South Ripley High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Sporting events22%
- Senior activities19%
- Basketball games16%
- Spirit Week6%
- Award Programs3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,685 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like South Ripley High School
- grade BMilan High School
- Milan Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 51 reviews
- grade B minusSouth Dearborn High School
- South Dearborn Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 88 reviews
- grade C+Jac-Cen-Del Middle/High School
- Jac-Cen-Del Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 41 reviews
South Ripley High School Reviews
Rating 3.4 out of 5 72 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like the amount of classes and clubs offered here at school. There is a wide variety of extra-curriculars and other activities at the school, which I am very grateful for. Most aspects of school are average, though student behavior among peers and teachers could definitely be improved. I would like to see a wider range of diversity among the school for sure. A lot of students here are very narrow-minded and it would benefit them to see that there is a world outside of people with their exact profile. I think this school has prepared me fairly well for college, but there could definitely be improvement in that area.
South Ripley High School is a really great school. The faculty and staff are very kind, and it feel like they get to know each student individually. It is a really nice environment to be in. There are multiple advanced courses that students can take if they want to challenge themselves, however I do feel like the students could benefit from a few more advanced courses being added.
It is a great school! All of the teachers enjoy assisting the students. Our school is very safe. They have cameras in the locker bays and the hallways and after 8 o'clock in the morning, all of the doors lock and you have to press a button with a camera on it to come in. The principal is great! He has a no phone policy so students can learn with distractions. The no phone policy is where you put your phone in your locker or in the basket the teacher has for you and you get it back after class is over. It is a great school and I high recommend it!