Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
South Ripley High School is a public school located in Versailles, IN. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
South Ripley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- B42 Students
- A+39 Students
- B37 Students
- C+27 Students
- NG22 Students
- B19 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
South Ripley High School Reviews
I like the amount of classes and clubs offered here at school. There is a wide variety of extra-curriculars and other activities at the school, which I am very grateful for. Most aspects of school are average, though student behavior among peers and teachers could definitely be improved. I would like to see a wider range of diversity among the school for sure. A lot of students here are very narrow-minded and it would benefit them to see that there is a world outside of people with their exact profile. I think this school has prepared me fairly well for college, but there could definitely be improvement in that area.
It is a great school! All of the teachers enjoy assisting the students. Our school is very safe. They have cameras in the locker bays and the hallways and after 8 o'clock in the morning, all of the doors lock and you have to press a button with a camera on it to come in. The principal is great! He has a no phone policy so students can learn with distractions. The no phone policy is where you put your phone in your locker or in the basket the teacher has for you and you get it back after class is over. It is a great school and I high recommend it!
South Ripley High School is a warm, welcoming school. The staff and students make you feeel like a part of a family. The teachers push you in order to prepare you for your future. The athletics are supported not only in the school setting but also by the parents and community. I have learned and lot and grown as a student while at South Ripley.