grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
South Pontotoc High School is a public school located in Pontotoc, MS. It has 491 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
South Pontotoc High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus102 Students
- grade A minus70 Students
- grade A minus45 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade B+12 Students
- grade A+11 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Football and the pep rallys.40%
- Spirit Week40%
- Pep rallies20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,153 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like South Pontotoc High School
- grade BNorth Pontotoc High School
- Pontotoc County School District, MS
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade BIngomar Attendance Center
- Union County School District, MS
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 17 reviews
- grade B+Pontotoc High School
- Pontotoc City Schools, MS
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 100 reviews
- grade B minusHoulka Attendance Center
- Chickasaw County School District, MS
- PK, K-12
- Rating 2.71 out of 5 7 reviews
South Pontotoc High School Reviews
Rating 3.66 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I fully believe that South Pontotoc High School has some of the greatest Christian teachers in a public school. They provide help, not only with school work, but also with encouragement and a kind thought from The Word. The only thing I would like to see change at my high school would be that they push to give another free ACT to the seniors as well as when they are juniors. If a student is unavailable to pay for the ACT, they have one shot at getting a scholarship to college without any other athletic or family requirements. I would like to see that try and be passed to allow those students another shot and raising their score.
South Pontotoc is a small high school. About 95 students are graduating in the class of 2020. Due to the small class sizes, more individualized attention from teachers, greater order in the classroom, and greater opportunities for class discussions and/or small-group work is received. Most of the teachers and students are friendly. In the future, I hope South Pontotoc grows both in size and academically like having more advanced classes.
South Pontotoc is something. There are some good teacher. I made some good and bad friends. I learn that sometime you can only fight your own battle because some people won't help. Though you can trust some people but you have to be aware who to trust. I made some friends i do trust and love. I had some great teachers. I would like to see change is bullying. South Pontotoc don't anything much to stop it. Lay off on the girl dress code and the should have more activities and clubs. Spice some things up a little bit because South Pontotoc slacking a bit.