South Point High School is a public school located in South Point, OH. It has 405 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
South Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-110 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-61 Students
- A51 Students
- C+49 Students
- B-41 Students
- C34 Students
- A-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like South Point High School
- C+Ironton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- BPaul G. Blazer High School
- Ashland Independent Schools, KY
- 116 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 93 reviews
- CSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 23 reviews
South Point High School Reviews
South Point was a great school! They have two very experienced guidance counselors that are very focused on student education, and their wellness. The teachers are very dedicated to the students to help them achieve the most out of the short time their.
South Point High School (SPHS) is a school of family. We have very high academics at our school and a no zeros policy. They allow homework detention to let kids work on missing work before they have to take a zero. At my school the staff works well with the students and one another. Although, my favorite thing there is the support and encouragement from everyone. Teachers work hard to support you if you fall behind. My favorite is the support from teachers and students at this school. Although, like any part of life or group their are always issues. We do have students that do not care about their grades and I would love to see that changed. Also, I would like to see more clubs and participants in our school. If there was a club or group for everyone that would be amazing but I also understand the money issue for that. We have our flaws but we also stand together no matter what. I would not want to go to high school anywhere other than here.
Great Band Program! Extra activities are really good. Wish the kids were a bit more ready for real world experiences