South Pike High School is a public school located in Magnolia, MS. It has 723 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 18% in reading.
South Pike High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+148 Students
- C+123 Students
- A-107 Students
- B+98 Students
- B-83 Students
- B+74 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-60 Students
- C+52 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like South Pike High School
South Pike High School Reviews
My overall experience at South Pike was amazing. I meet great teachers, friends, and coaches. High school is a time to explore what you like and what you don’t like, and more often than not, everyone has their own niche or interest that drives their passion. Ultimately, your friend group from middle school will drastically change in high school as you start to explore new things and meet like-minded people. You will discover shocking truths about the lives that your friends went through, and you will thus adjust your perspective. Everybody has different lives, so I would say vastly different experiences are the TRUE typical high school experiences.
I am a senior at South Pike High School. I love how there are many students that look like me and how it is a predominantly black school. I feel that the school could use some changes, however. The school needs to put a stricter enforcement on the bullying policies because I believe that South Pike has a bullying problem that the administrators refuse to address. The sports are average. The food is basic school food in which means its not that tasty but it isn't bad either.
My experience at South Pike High School has been great for the last 4 years. I enjoyed the rewards for having good grades , behavior, and fulfilling my job as a student.South Pike has a great staff and administration that has good interests in the students who attend .South Pike High has also prepared me for college readiness. From my time being at South Pike I've always felt at home.