South Park Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- A-46 Students
- B42 Students
- A+40 Students
- B-33 Students
- C+29 Students
- C26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like South Park Senior High School
- ANorth Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 330 reviews
- A-Norwin Senior High School
- Norwin School District, PA
- 233 reviews
- B+Montour High School
- Montour School District, PA
- 198 reviews
- ABethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 289 reviews
South Park Senior High School Reviews
Review South Park Senior High School
As an alumnus of South Park, I can undoubtedly look back and conclude that I was prepared for my post-secondary education. A great number of honors level and advanced placement classes are offered to challenge students to go beyond the general requirements. I also felt that my time management skills were strengthened through my involvement in several clubs and sports teams, of which there are many. Lastly, my relationships with my teachers helped me to feel comfortable in my surroundings. I always felt that I had a confidant or someone to go to for help. I could not have asked for a better high school experience.
The academics at South Park High School are good, however there are ways that could improve the system greatly. One way is to increase staffing. Several subjects, including art, music, health, family and consumer sciences, and foreign languages have experienced cuts in recent years to the staff number. This staffing cut resulted in a loss of programs and courses. Another flaw is that there is no director of curriculum to monitor the schools curriculum. This is a serious issue, especially involving a case where both Spanish teachers retired the same year. The new teachers were unaware of what students had previously learned and what they had yet to learn. If a single currciulum were in place, education outcomes would be improved. More courses could also be offered, such as AP, honors, and elective courses. There are roughly 20 honors courses and 8 AP courses. Workload for these classes is much greater than other classes. English classes especially require a great deal of work. A promotion for the fine arts, such as music and art, could also be save programs that are not as popular.
The high school has a diverse variety of clubs that will appeal to almost any student. Some of the most popular clubs include the Student Council, Yearbook, Literature Club, Marching Band, Craft Club, BOTS Club, and Drama Club. The Drama club is a great club if you are interested in acting, singing, or just making new friends. The Interact Club is the most popular club, with almost 230 students involved. It is a service club that gets students involved in the community at various events, whether it's assisting at an elementary school art show or planting flowers in the park. Each club has its levels of commitment. The lowest level is a general member. Some clubs contain boards, which are a smaller group of students who wish to be more involved with the club. Most clubs also have officers, such as presidents and secretaries that are in charge of making sure the club runs smoothly, as well as making important decisions. Smaller clubs at the high school that don't get as much attention are SADD, Outreach, Academic League and Environmental Club. However, smaller clubs are better, as you get to form close bonds with people. The only club that is by invitation only is the National Honors Society, which evaluates students of character, service, scholarship, and leadership. A few more clubs could be added to make the extracurricular opportunities better, however what is currently in place is impressive for how small of a school we are.