South Milwaukee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+115 Students
- A+81 Students
- A52 Students
- B40 Students
- A-38 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+23 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like South Milwaukee High School
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 217 reviews
- A-Oak Creek High School
- Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District, WI
- 358 reviews
- B-Cudahy High School
- Cudahy School District, WI
- 94 reviews
- A-Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 100 reviews
South Milwaukee High School Reviews
The experience I've had at South Milwaukee High School would be considered very pleasant. The teachers go to endless extents to make sure that each student's learning experience is the best it can be. Personally, I do not think the student body cares about their education like I do. I crave to learn and experience, and I've had countless other students ruin an opportunities for the class that could have benefited many of the students. Overall, I do think the academics at South Milwaukee High School are very organized and well thought out. As for change, I'd like to see other students value their education and future as much as those students who do.
South Milwaukee High School is made up of a great student body, and an even better faculty. The teachers at South Milwaukee aren't just your average bachelor, or master degree high school teachers. We have numerous teachers in each department that have PhD's and/or experience in their field. These kinds of teachers bring knowledge and opportunities to us that most other schools fall short of. Another amazing attribute that the teachers at South Milwaukee obtain is passion. They have passion for their area of study, they have passion for teaching, and most importantly, they have passion for their students. They go above and beyond when it comes to the students needs. They will stay after school to help you better understand the material, but not only this, they take it outside of just your school work. They help you with ACT prep, scholarships, college, work connections, anything they can to make sure you're a well rounded person.
Overall, this is a great highschool. Students and teachers interact on a normal basis and there are usually no big issues that upset a students day. Guidance counselors are there to help, and actually do. They help get students on the right path and help guide them along the way. While I was attending, I had Mr. Knoche and he did everything he could for me to get into a professional job while in high-school. The teachers are dedicated to making students successful as long as they are willing.