South Milwaukee High School is an above average, public school located in South Milwaukee, WI. It has 1,162 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
South Milwaukee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+137 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-59 Students
- B+49 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-40 Students
- B33 Students
- B+28 Students
- B28 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB-
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Milwaukee High School
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 222 reviews
- B+Oak Creek High School
- Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District, WI
- 377 reviews
- B-Cudahy High School
- Cudahy School District, WI
- 96 reviews
- B+Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 109 reviews
South Milwaukee High School Reviews
The teachers at South Milwaukee High School are incredibly intelligent and invested in their students. Most of them are genuinely concerned with their students, and they are very perceptive of their students’ needs. There could be more of an emphasis on open, respectful discussions (facilitated by well-trained faculty) about diversity and inclusion, as well as sustainability and other topics which many students are never explicitly exposed to. The administration also sometimes seemed a bit strict, insensitive, and overreactive to specific problems with particular students (which limited freedom and respect to the rest of the student population).
This school welcomes students of all races, genders, and education levels. There are a number of accommodations for everybody. There are a number excellent teachers that know what they are talking about. This school provides numerous academic opportunities to prepare you for college and your future. There is a wide range of classes offered, including AP classes. Overall, it can provide anyone with an amazing high school experience.
The experience I've had at South Milwaukee High School would be considered very pleasant. The teachers go to endless extents to make sure that each student's learning experience is the best it can be. Personally, I do not think the student body cares about their education like I do. I crave to learn and experience, and I've had countless other students ruin an opportunities for the class that could have benefited many of the students. Overall, I do think the academics at South Milwaukee High School are very organized and well thought out. As for change, I'd like to see other students value their education and future as much as those students who do.