South Mecklenburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+235 Students
- A216 Students
- A+208 Students
- A-173 Students
- B+132 Students
- B+120 Students
- C+87 Students
- B+79 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
South Mecklenburg High School Reviews
Review South Mecklenburg High School
Honestly, South Meck has been a great school and given me numerous opportunities. I have been able to get involved in clubs and activities, which have been absolutely amazing. The majority of my teachers have been extremely helpful. I now feel more than prepared for college. As for the school environment, the buildings are rather old, but renovations are being made. We have a language program, which adds to the school's diversity. The campus is beautiful because it has separate buildings and outdoor walkways and courtyards. It has a very large student population.
The teachers at South Mecklenburg High School are nothing short of amazing. Not only do they make sure that their classes are learning, but they insure that each student feels that there is a purpose to all the material being taught. South Mecklenburg teachers make learning enjoyable and that is what makes South Meck students so hungry to learn. During my sophomore year at South Meck, I was enrolled in the AP Spanish Composition class with Ms. Beltram who is now a graduate student at George Washington University. Ms. Beltram opened her students' eyes to see the good and the bad of the world and educated us on how we could grow up to change the world. She always wanted her students to be open minded about the practices around the world; the practices that some may disagree with are what we were educated about and told that ignorance is never going to be accepted in her classroom. Teachers like Ms. Beltram are what make South Meck High School extraordinary in teaching practices. The teachers want their students to be able to know something more about the world and change it for the better.
I love my school! I love how the teachers are always support their student and they prep them for whats to come. The principal is very interactive with the students and the school itself has a very diverse culture. The Sabers are a family and that's what you feel when you step on South's campus and when you've become an alumni you still feel like you have never left home.