Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
South Lewis High School is a public school located in Turin, NY. It has 298 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
South Lewis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+22 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
South Lewis High School Reviews
For a small school, South Lewis focuses well on the student's experiences. South Lewis is oriented more for an average to poor student. The curriculum teachers to the lowest students so that they feel included but it leaves the advanced kids constantly bored. It is a waste of potential and resources. This school does have very good technology for the students
I love the small school atmosphere. It's nice that all the students know each other and many can be friends. You can't get that in a large school. However, I do wish that there were more sports available and that we actually had the space for more sports. I feel that would give the students more school spirit, which is another thing that I wish our school had. Many of the students complain about the school even though it's very nice. Another thing I like about the school is being able to get a closer relationship with teachers in order to have more people to guide me throughout my high school career. Overall, I love my school and wouldn't want a different one.
South Lewis is an excellent school. It offers a wide variety of programs from the music to agricultural departments. Teachers at South Lewis are very helpful and have a high level of patience and care for the students.