South Lafourche High School
- CUTOFF, LA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
South Lafourche High School is an above average, public school located in CUTOFF, LA. It has 1,055 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
South Lafourche High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus147 Students
- grade B+105 Students
- grade A minus80 Students
- grade B minus62 Students
- grade B+50 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade C+30 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
View Homes Near South Lafourche High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responses
- Football Games20%
- Pep Rally13%
- Spirit Week activities13%
- Marching Festivals10%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,234 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
South Lafourche High School Reviews
Rating 3.88 out of 5 59 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
South Lafourche High School is a racist, homophobic, and transphobic high school. They only care for students who play football, basketball, and cheerleading. And Unless you parents a finically putting money into the school. Other than those people, they don’t not give a rats ass. South Lafourche only cares about the privilege or popular students and not the unpopular or unprivileged. Also South Lafourche, does not care for it’s minority students as a whole. As a fellow black alum of South Lafourche High School, I had to deal with a lot of racism during my time here. For my Junior Year, of High School the staff did not do anything about a student dressing in blackface as the rapper Kodak black for spirit week. Other minority students, have also been discriminated against as well. South Lafourche also doesn’t care about how the dress code is pertained to popular students.
My school, South Lafourche, is filled with school spirit. Our students are generally kind and look out for each other. Sports do decently throughout the year here however some coaches are very biased and simply play people they like. The school’s staff is full of amazing instructors who guarantee success in their class, there are a handful who have negative attitudes but overall the teachers are a pleasure to be taught by. Our administration are your average high school administration, nobody really loves them but they keep our school together. My school in general besides a few outliers is a place of spirit, kindness, and learning.
South Lafourche High School is a very welcoming school. The support given by faculty and students is outstanding. The spirit from the students who attend this school is extraordinary. Students are always happy and cheerful. If i had to change one thing about his school though, it would be the deciding process for special nominations such as homecoming court, student of the year, etc. I feel as though students should not be able to vote on whether or no other students should be nominated for such an important process.