Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
South Lafourche High School is an above average, public school located in Cutoff, LA. It has 1,048 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
South Lafourche High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B130 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-61 Students
- B49 Students
- B+42 Students
- B32 Students
- B-29 Students
- A+29 Students
- B26 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
South Lafourche High School Reviews
My school, South Lafourche, is filled with school spirit. Our students are generally kind and look out for each other. Sports do decently throughout the year here however some coaches are very biased and simply play people they like. The school’s staff is full of amazing instructors who guarantee success in their class, there are a handful who have negative attitudes but overall the teachers are a pleasure to be taught by. Our administration are your average high school administration, nobody really loves them but they keep our school together. My school in general besides a few outliers is a place of spirit, kindness, and learning.
South Lafourche High School is a very welcoming school. The support given by faculty and students is outstanding. The spirit from the students who attend this school is extraordinary. Students are always happy and cheerful. If i had to change one thing about his school though, it would be the deciding process for special nominations such as homecoming court, student of the year, etc. I feel as though students should not be able to vote on whether or no other students should be nominated for such an important process.
With being bias as little as possible, SLHS has provided me with many opportunities to grow and succeed. They have an excellent staff that surely does intend to help students on the daily. If anything could change I hope it is the inclusion of new extracurricular material that may help the less athletic percentile.