South Kingstown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wakefield, RI. It has 1,004 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
South Kingstown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B226 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+47 Students
- B-45 Students
- A-45 Students
- A41 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+30 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Kingstown High School
- A-North Kingstown Sr. High School
- North Kingstown School District, RI
- 323 reviews
- ANarragansett High School
- Narragansett School System, RI
- 77 reviews
- B+Exeter-West Greenwich Regional
- Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, RI
- 128 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 185 reviews
South Kingstown High School Reviews
Attending South Kingstown High School has shaped me into who I am today. Throughout my four years there, I was also very involved. I played soccer, basketball, and participated in various clubs like sculpture and photography. The thing I admire most about my school was the opportunities they gave us. We had so many school traditions, like the junior class putting on an escapades play, that made everyone get to know one another and become friends instead of being separated. Multiple teachers were also coaches, which gave the students an outlet if they needed an adult to talk to. SK had an all around great community and gave great opportunities. I would like to say our school was the best, experience wise, however there is one thing that needed some improvement. Our school was established in 1880 and not much work has been done on it since Our school is not very comfortable to be sitting in all day between the boiling hot fall and spring season, to the freezing cold winters.
The food at this school is terrible. The kitchen is dirty and they are always raising the prices each year. Besides the food, SK is a good public school. The students love the football team, and all the sporting events have our students there supporting. The teachers vary from excellent to poor like all schools. The guidance councilors are working on freeing up their time for the students, helping them with their schedules and making sure they get the classes they want to take their next year. There are plenty of after school programs SK offers so you will find almost anything you want. If they don't have a club you are interested in, Sk offers the opportunity to create your own club. Overall, I have enjoyed my 4 years at South Kingstown High School.
I liked how the teachers took the time to get to know their students-even when the classes were large and had almost 30 students. I also liked how the school gave students the opportunity to enroll and take honors classes for a challenge and allowed some students in the course even when they did not quite meet the prerequisite because they believed the students can push themselves to do well. In terms of improvement, even though this is incredibly hard to do and possibly impossible at this time, I wish the school could arrange some sort of experience senior year where students have the opportunity to shadow some sort of professional in their day to day job to see if they would like to pursue that profession after college.