Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
South Kingstown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wakefield, RI. It has 940 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
South Kingstown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B328 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+79 Students
- B+73 Students
- A-72 Students
- B-64 Students
- A60 Students
- A56 Students
- B47 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like South Kingstown High School
- ANorth Kingstown Senior High School
- North Kingstown School District, RI
- 360 reviews
- ANarragansett High School
- Narragansett School System, RI
- 88 reviews
- A-Exeter-West Greenwich Regional
- Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, RI
- 137 reviews
- A-Portsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 212 reviews
South Kingstown High School Reviews
South Kingstown High School is a wonderful school. Although the demographics are very white and mostly heterosexual, SKHS has teachers that are well-educated in minority groups and representation. All of my teachers honestly care about how their students are doing in class and at home. My only negative would be that the school's budget could be better spread. SKHS could put more money into the arts and newer materials (my English textbook was from 1986 and had been taped together). The teachers are going above and beyond every single day. South Kingstown High School excels in academics, fine arts, and sports as well as giving students the option to start clubs. Additionally, they have guidance counselors and school psychologists/resources for those struggling in any sense. Their safety plans have been expanded in the past four years and students can learn in a safe environment.
South Kingstown High School is an amazing learning environment. The teachers and administrators truly care for the students. Guidance counselors are particularly excellent in aiding students towards post-high school opportunities. The sports teams and music program at South Kingstown are incredible with students that truly exemplify school pride. Academics are great and classes that are not provided in person are, for the most part, provided online. The school is underfunded and the facilities need extreme renovations, but it is the people that make South Kingstown the amazing school that it is.
At South Kingstown High School, I loved the opportunity to grow as individual. With teachers and advisers always by your side to help you pursue your dreams, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Along with this, I enjoyed the immense selection of sports and the community support for each sporting event. For things that I would like to see changed, I wish that the clubs and activities had more attention brought to them. Many students will create clubs and the community will not support the club. Overall, the district as a whole is outstanding and has many opportunities.