South Jones High School is an above average, public school located in Ellisville, MS. It has 1,248 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
South Jones High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+176 Students
- B+161 Students
- A-123 Students
- A-91 Students
- B+68 Students
- B+53 Students
- A44 Students
- B-27 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like South Jones High School
South Jones High School Reviews
My experience at South Jones High School was average at best. I feel as though the priorities of the school board and administrartion were severely out of order. In my opinion, high school taught me nothing about life. I only memorized information in order to obtain a grade or to pass a test. The teachers and administrartion are so worried about state test scores and making more money, that teaching and pouring into students is no longer a priority. There are only a handful of teachers who genuinely love their jobs and were able to make a lasting impression on me and my high school experience. If I had the choice to go back to South Jones High School, I would absolutely say no.
I loved my experience at South Jones. All of the students were very welcoming and down to earth and the teachers were very supportive and truly care about the students. The administration is the same way, they show dedication to each and every student. The school also shows lots of support for its arts programs as well its sports teams. I couldn't recommend it more!
South Jones High School is an amazing high school. We are all very close at this school. Most people at the school are involved with at least one thing whether it’s something small or something big. Band has a large enrollment as do Show choir, Theatre, and football. Many other organizations are large in number and without the amazing teachers and administrators these clubs wouldn’t be possible