Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
South Jefferson High School is an above average, public school located in Adams, NY. It has 565 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
South Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C56 Students
- A41 Students
- B34 Students
- B+31 Students
- A-26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-25 Students
- B24 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like South Jefferson High School
- BSandy Creek High School
- Sandy Creek Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- CGeneral Brown Junior/Senior High School
- General Brown Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Watertown Senior High School
- Watertown City School District, NY
- 121 reviews
- BSackets Harbor Central School
- Sackets Harbor Central School District, NY
- 13 reviews
South Jefferson High School Reviews
I attended the South Jefferson elementary, middle, and high schools. The schools are heavily focused on sports, which can be off-putting to people who aren't athletically inclined. However, the athletes tended to be pleasant to socialize with, at least in my experience. The high school auditorium is decent, but in need of some remodeling. The teachers, for the most part, are approachable, though fewer advanced classes are offered than what would be personally ideal. Overall, the school is nice, though it overdoes the athletic support a bit.
The school as a whole is pretty good. There’s not much diversity as the school is predominately white with only about 5 people of other races. Most of the staff is friendly and it’s easy to make friends as you will see a lot of people in the halls or during after school activities. Academic wise it isn’t really that great as there aren’t many extra curricular activities or advanced classes. Also they don’t really teach you things for college most of the time but that’s pretty average for most schools in the area. The school does allow you to go to BOCES which is great. South Jeff is mainly a sports school, it cares more about sports than grades. There is also favoritism in most classes especially with most teachers so that’s not the best. I wouldn’t say the school is excellent but it’s not bad either. Overall it’s a good school just some areas aren’t that great.
I transferred to South Jefferson in the beginning of my sophomore year, it was a very easy adjustment. The guidance councilors and other faculty members are extremely helpful and supportive. With their help with preparing me for my future, and further my education.