South Iron High School is a public school located in Annapolis, MO. It has 128 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
South Iron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-13 Students
- C+12 Students
- B9 Students
- A6 Students
- B+4 Students
- B4 Students
- A4 Students
- A-3 Students
- B-3 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like South Iron High School
- C+Lesterville High School
- Lesterville R-IV School District, MO
- 6 reviews
- BClearwater High School
- Clearwater R-I School District, MO
- 25 reviews
- B+Arcadia Valley High School
- Arcadia Valley R-II School District, MO
- 34 reviews
- C-Ellington High School
- Southern Reynolds County R-II School District, MO
- 30 reviews
South Iron High School Reviews
Every teacher at this high school do their best to make sure every student is involved. The teaching style is very diverse, in meaning that one teacher lectures a different way than the other, yet both are very intriguing. Since it is a small school, every teacher gets a chance to know every student better, and it makes it easier for them to teach us. When our teachers grade homework or tests, they explain to us why we got a problem wrong and give us the chance to ask questions. Overall, I am very pleased with the opportunities I have had at high school with my teachers.
My overall experience at South Iron High School has been a great one. What makes this school unique is that we are the smallest around our area, but yet we make a huge impact on other schools around us. I have had many favorite experiences, including Prom, school dances, and athletic events. Whether it was hanging out after school with my fellow classmates, or talking to them at school, I had a lot of fun every day. Even though we do have a lot of fun, our teachers still push us to work our hardest and be the best we can be. I would definitely come back if I could choose to, but I will take what I have learned from South Iron and use it to the best of my ability in order to have a great future.
Since we are a very small school, we don't have a huge variety of clubs and organizations. The ones we do have, though, have a good number of students involved in them. The activities involved in each organization is overall fun and a great experience to receive. The administrators help out students and are very supportive.