South High School is an above average, public school located in Waukesha, WI. It has 1,073 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+141 Students
- A+125 Students
- B80 Students
- B+72 Students
- B62 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
- A-42 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
South High School Reviews
I love Waukesha South High School because there I always feel like I belong. Everyone is really nice and the teachers are so good at what they do. I found the sport I love and now we are the 2nd best cheer team in the state and the second most successful sport t South, beside the boys swim team. School spirit is always really apparent as well, everyone comes to football games to support and there is a lot of excitement at pep rallies and events. If i could change one thing I would change the new backpack rule, because I find it beneficial to me and my education to be able to carry everything I need for the whole day. Despite that, I wouldn't have changed a thing about my high school experience.
I loved the sports and culture there. Very nice teachers and staff overall. The coaches are always there to help as well as the teachers. There's a variety of extracurriculars to participate in. Joining choir was the best decision every because of Mr. Brinker who sadly had to move on. However, their musical theater department is great. Under the administration of Mrs. Richards, the performances are almost always stellar in their grand theater hall.
During my 4 years at South, I have felt security and at home here. I made friends, not many but friends who I can truly depend on. I met teachers who had helped me so much throughout the years. South has shown me that no matter how old you get or how far behind you are, you can always accomplish anything if you put effort to whatever it is you want. All my peers are very respectful and only want the best for you. They make you feel welcome and it's good to know that you are not alone here. They are there for you. I had the best years at south and as a senior who is about to graduate, I can truly say that South has been one of my favorite school. What I would like to see in the near future at south is students to enjoy their 4 years at south like I did. I would like South to welcome them and to always be that respectful and generous school that I've experience.