South High School is an above average, public school located in Sheboygan, WI. It has 1,131 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+84 Students
- B+56 Students
- B43 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B25 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like South High School
- B+North High School
- Sheboygan Area School District, WI
- 273 reviews
- BSheboygan Falls High School
- Sheboygan Falls School District, WI
- 45 reviews
- B+Random Lake High School
- Random Lake School District, WI
- 33 reviews
- A-Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Joint School District, WI
- 104 reviews
South High School Reviews
My overall experience at this school is great so far. Counselors are really concern about students' path of success getting into college. Redwing Pride makes this school unique. School Spirit is intense. This school is recommended to those who are willing to learn. Pertaining to every student. ''I would choose this school again because of my counselor.'' Counselors are there for students to open doors to success. Flex mod schedules are new 2015 in South High. Hopefully this year goes well for me!
Many teachers truly care for their students. They take the students mental and physical health into consideration and try to accommodate their needs in the classroom with extra work time and extra help as needed. Of course, there are still many other teachers who do not care as much, which ruin my rating on the teachers. Those teachers do not try to get to know their students, favoritize, or grade on personal preference and I do not agree with that.
Throughout the four years of my high school career I would have to say South has been a good experience. There are many possibilities when it comes to classes, and so one can experience more classes. There are many extracurriculars that one can join as well. Our school is one of the best in athletics as well. The library is a nice place to go to as well. We even have our very own library lady who's a hoot. The teachers are very funny and understanding as well. And lastly the commons is such a pretty place!