South High School is an above average, public school located in Sheboygan, WI. It has 1,131 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+85 Students
- B+58 Students
- B43 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B26 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like South High School
- B+North High School
- Sheboygan Area School District, WI
- 274 reviews
- BSheboygan Falls High School
- Sheboygan Falls School District, WI
- 45 reviews
- B+Random Lake High School
- Random Lake School District, WI
- 33 reviews
- A-Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Joint School District, WI
- 105 reviews
South High School Reviews
I love having flex mod scheduling! This is where we don’t have a block schedule, and a student’s schedule is more similar to a college schedule. It offers more freedom and personal learning time throughout the day, which is a huge plus!
Overall my experience at south high is going well, the people are nice and the teachers try there best with everyone. It is a very diverse community with many different types of people that all get along rather well to form souths clups and orginization.
My overall experience at this school is great so far. Counselors are really concern about students' path of success getting into college. Redwing Pride makes this school unique. School Spirit is intense. This school is recommended to those who are willing to learn. Pertaining to every student. ''I would choose this school again because of my counselor.'' Counselors are there for students to open doors to success. Flex mod schedules are new 2015 in South High. Hopefully this year goes well for me!