South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fargo, ND. It has 1,011 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+229 Students
- B+118 Students
- B-99 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-58 Students
- B37 Students
- B+35 Students
- B28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
South High School Reviews
I enjoy going to school at South and the many opportunities it offers. All the opportunities are sometimes overwhelming at times with all the clubs and variety of classes that there is not enough time for everything you would like to do. The teachers actually want to succeed and be successful in school and life. However, most of the athletic programs are not that great and most coaches only care about a select few players. The classes offered include a wide variety from many different electives to AP to duel credit, there’s something for everybody.
The ceiling leaks. They haven't fixed it in 10 years. The heating and cooling leave some rooms 30degrees while others are 80. There was nothing in place to help students with mental illness or who experienced a traumatic event. The safety net for kids who fall behind has huge gaps in it, and causes a higher increase in stress than in grades. Some of the teachers cared about their students. They did a really good job and help as much as they can. Unfortunately, some teachers are there to read a PowerPoint and get paid. There is no system for giving them feedback. There is no system for giving the administration feedback. The nurse goes home before the second to last period every day and doesn't come to work on fridays because that's what she's scheduled for. The counseling center is filled with academic advisors. No counselors. The food is adequate, as long as you have no allergies, intolerances, religious restrictions, etc. Also if you don't mind the occasional month old milk carton.
South High is such a diverse school with so many different opportunities compared to other schools in the nearby area. With our diverse population of 29% compared to surrounding schools with only up to 10%. The amount of clubs is amazing and getting involved is so much fun! The teachers are kind and welcoming, yet also know how to teach really well while making the time fly by.