Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
South Harrison High School is a public school located in Bethany, MO. It has 238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
South Harrison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B42 Students
- C36 Students
- C36 Students
- B24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+15 Students
- B13 Students
- A-9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
South Harrison High School Reviews
My school is great because it is a smaller school so the teachers have more time with the students. This allows the students to perform to the best of their abilities. I am a senior in high school and I started at South Harrison in fifth grade, this was the first school that I stayed at for more than one year. I have bonded with many of my peers and I will be very sad when I graduate. South Harrison is not perfect because they don't always try to focus on the students and there will be fights and not much learning some times. Although the school is not perfect it still tries to make your learning experience fun and productive.
I enjoyed most of my teachers. They seemed to really care about me and my success. The classes were academically beneficial, I believe I learned a lot. However, I wish my administration would have supported me more when I wanted to do presentations in an effort to create a better school and community. School was just school, never much more. It should be a place to grow and find yours passions as well.
The classes range from challenging to easy, depending on the teacher and subject. There's good course loads for both the nerds and the "jock-type" clique. The teachers are good, and care about their jobs. I especially love our science and math faculty: they're always there to help you.